12/18/2012

Welcome

Welcome to my Isshin-Ryu Karate Do blog-site. My name is Michael Bielat and I have a black belt in Isshin-Ryu. I am 29 years old and reside in Buffalo, NY.

Mizu Gami - The Symbol of Isshin-Ryu Karate
My journey into Martial Arts started around 20 years ago when I was only 8. I advanced up to a green belt in Isshin-Ryu karate before quitting. Interestingly enough, during that hiatus I was probably more into Martial Arts then when I actually took classes. I did a whole lot of learning about all different styles of karate. After a year or so I begged and pleaded with my parents to send me back to karate. I attended a new Isshin-Ryu school founded by one of my old teachers. It was there that I earned my black belt in 2000. I was an instructor there for a good 4 years as well before taking yet another hiatus.

I was offered a paid internship in my field of study during my Junior year of college that I couldn't refuse. I then was hired right after graduation, got married and had some kids.

My son is now 4 and we have signed him up for karate at the same place that I trained and worked with my old instructor. It was just the motivation I needed to get back into it myself. Sure enough, I am back into karate more than ever before and have created this site to help others learn more about Isshin-Ryu Karate Do.

Thanks for stopping by.
~ Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment